About Gateway to Language and Learning
Gateway to Language and Learning© (most often referred to as "Gateway") is a widely used AAC core vocabulary page set. It is available as an in-App purchase for Proloquo2Go by Assistiveware, TouchChat HD by Saltillo, Snap App by Tobii Dynavox and for Mind Express by Jabbla. Gateway includes both symbol and text-based vocabularies that are combined with spelling and word prediction to accommodate the needs of both literate and non-literate users.
Gateway supports the needs of a wide range of individuals including:
* Children and adults with Autism
* Children and adults with Developmental Disabilities
* Children with Apraxia
* Children and adults with Cerebral Palsy
* Children and adults with Traumatic Brain Injury
* Children and adults with Down Syndrome
* Adults with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) aka Lou Gehrig's Disease
Gateway's Benefits Include:
1) A variety of core word page sets, each targeting the varying communication needs a different user population. These include children developing language, children and adults with autism and other language impairments, and teens and adults who are competent communicators.
2) Each page set includes a fringe vocabulary that matches the typical needs, interests, educational and social interests of the targeted user population.
3) It is intuitive to use. Its organization and efficiency features allow the user to create messages within an average of less than 1.5 key selections per word.
4) Gateway is available with both SymbolStix® or PCS Symbols by GoBoardMaker®. These are most popular AAC symbol systems in use today.
5) Each version of the Gateway App offers a variety of grid sizes ranging from 12 to 140 locations per page, supporting a wide range of physical needs and visual abilities.